Patron Code of Conduct
PATRON CODE OF CONDUCT
Policy on Library Use and Patron Behavior
The mission of the Millinocket Memorial Library is to continuously identify the informational, cultural, recreational and educational needs of the community and provide programs and materials to meet such needs. It is the policy of the library to create a comfortable, open environment that will enhance personal growth, creating a respect for lifelong learning while fostering a sense of community connection.
In order to better serve our patrons, the Library Director, Staff and the Library Board of Trustees have established certain rules that maintain the atmosphere that promotes our policies and mission, protects the library resources and facilities from damage and provides for the safety of our patrons and staff.
These rules will apply to all persons using the library facilities and grounds and will be enforced by library staff. The library grounds include the lawns, front steps, walkways, handicapped ramp, emergency exits and parking areas. The library reserves the right to require anyone who violates these rules to leave the library facility and/or grounds, restricting such person’s privilege of using the library facility and/or grounds.
- Disrupts the orderly operation of the library
- Unreasonably interferes with the use of the facilities and grounds by others.
- Could result in physical, emotional or mental injury.
- Could result in damage to the library facility, materials or grounds is illegal.
- Disruptive behavior will not be tolerated: Loud talking or yelling which creates
enough noise to disturb the general use of the library by other patrons is inappropriate
and will not be tolerated.
- Engaging in threatening or obscene or harassing or terrorizing conduct or language
- Shirts and shoes must be worn within the library at all times.
- The library assumes no responsibility for loss or theft of personal property.
- Consumption of food within the library is not allowed with exceptions made at the
discretion of the Library Director.
- Service animals are permitted in the library. All other animals are prohibited;
exceptions made at the discretion of the Library Director.
- We ask that children within the library be properly supervised (see Unattended Child
- We ask cell phones be turned-off while in the library.
- Smoking and tobacco products are prohibited within the library including library
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited within the library including library grounds.
- The following are not permitted on library property: Skateboarding, rollerblading