Our curbside pickup service will provide a safe, touch-free way for you to access books, DVDs, and gear during the COVID-19 pandemic. It will begin on August 31st, 2020, and continue indefinitely. Read a letter from our director about these changes and our timeline for reopening.
Below is an overview of how curbside pickup works, or you can watch our video tutorial.
How it works:
- Request your books, DVDs, or gear ahead of time online or over the phone (207-723-7020). Learn how to request items here.
- We’ll call you to let you know when they’re ready for pick-up.
- Pick them up within 1 week at our curbside window at 5 Maine Avenue.
- When you’re here, call us (207-723-7020) or use our doorbell, and we’ll pass you your items.
Curbside pickup hours:
- Mondays, 10am-2pm
- Tuesdays, 1pm-5pm
- Wednesdays, 10am-2pm
- Thursdays, 10am-2pm
- Fridays, 10am-2pm
- Return books and DVDs using our new book drop on the south side of the 5 Maine Avenue building.
- There will be no fines for any returned items.
- Email your documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include number of copies, whether you’d like color or black and white, and whether you’d like single-sided or double-sided.
- If you can’t email your documents, call us at 207-723-7020, and we can arrange to collect hard copies from you through the curbside slot.
- We will contact you when your print jobs are ready, and you can pick them up at the curbside pickup window at 5 Maine Avenue.
- All print jobs under 10 pages will be free. Print jobs over 10 pages will be added to your library account to reduce cash transactions during the pandemic.