Traffic Skills 101 with Bicycle Coalition of Maine (Gear Hub)
At the Katahdin Gear Hub
Traffic Skills 101 is the prerequisite to becoming a League Cycling Instructor (LCI). LCIs are qualified to become contracted Bicycle and Pedestrian Safety Instructors through the Bicycle Coalition of Maine and receive payment for your bike/ped safety work at a rate of $30/hour in addition to liability insurance coverage while conducting bicycle safety education programming.
Even if you’re not planning on taking the LCI seminar, Traffic Skills 101 is still a fantastic course that can serve as a way to learn how to ride in traffic, hone in on some specific information and techniques, and refresh your knowledge as a skilled rider.
Traffic Skills 101 requires 4 hours of classroom work and 5 hours of on-bike training. In order to streamline this class, we will be requiring that each of you complete the classroom portion of the course online.
Online – must be completed before on-bike portion
Materials Required: Traffic Skills 101 Manual, reliable internet access
1. Spend time studying the Traffic Skills 101 Manual, available online here.
2. When you are ready to take the test, visit BikeEd.org
3. Click “Begin Course”
4. Click “Registration”
5. Register for the course, SELECT “Maine” FROM THE REGION LIST
6. Take the test, keep track of which questions you got WRONG
7. Print out Quiz results to bring to the on-bike portion of the class
Sat July 28, 9am-3pm
Please sign-up using the TS101 sign-up form.