RESERVE OR RENEW BOOKS
Most items can be renewed with the exception of material that is already on reserve. If you would like to reserve or renew an item, you can drop by the Circulation Desk in person; you may also call or email us on our Contact | Directions page. To reserve or renew books, you will need to provide the following information:
- The Date the Book is Due
- Name of the Author
- Title of the Book
Please keep in mind some items may already have reserves on them. If you are interested in reserving an item it is advised you do so as early as possible.
- If no one is waiting for for items, they can be renewed or reserved.
- Renewals for all items except videos, DVD’s, magazines and reserved titles may be made via email as mentioned under reserve or renew books above.
- Overdue fines are twenty cents ($.20) per book per day when the library is open. Fines for overdue videos and DVD’s are one dollar ($1.00) per day. Maximum fines are as follows per item: Book, audio and CD – $3.00; Magazine, paperback or juvenile title – $3.00; Video and DVD – $5.00.
- Patrons who have overdue items are notified by phone when the material has been overdue for one (1) week. After five (5) weeks, we will bill for replacement costs and fines.
- A book drop is available when the library is closed next to the front door.
If you can’t find what you’re looking for in our Library Catalog, you may use our Interlibrary Loan service to borrow materials from other libraries throughout the country.
For assistance, patrons can visit the library during normal business hours and fill out an Interlibrary Loan Request Form. You also have the option of sending an email through our Contact | Directions page. When requesting an item by phone or email, please supply us with the following information: author and title of the item, format (large print, audiobook, DVD, etc.), your name, phone number, email and library card number.
Upon your request, the process should take a week or less. Upon arrival of the book, you will be notified by phone.