Most items can be renewed with the exception of material that is already on hold for someone else. To renew an item yourself online, use the instructions below:
- Visit mils.maine.edu
- In the top right corner, click on “My Library Account”, and log in using your full name and library card number.
- Once logged in, click on “Items Currently Checked Out”, and mark the items you would like to renew. Click “Renew Marked”.
- The site will let you know if your renewal was successful, as well as the updated due date.
If you would like assistance to renew an item, you can ask at our circulation desk during our hours of operation, call us at 207-723-7020, or email us as firstname.lastname@example.org. To renew books, you will need to provide the following information:
- The Date the Book is Due
- Name of the Author
- Title of the Book
Please keep in mind some items may already have reserves on them. If you are interested in reserving an item it is advised you do so as early as possible.
- If no one is waiting for for items, they can be renewed or reserved.
- Renewals for all items except videos, DVD’s, magazines and reserved titles may be made via email as mentioned under reserve or renew books above.
- Overdue fines are twenty cents ($0.20) per book per day when the library is open. Fines for overdue videos and DVD’s are fifty cents ($0.50) per day. Maximum fines are as follows per item: Book, audio and CD – $3.00; Magazine, paperback or juvenile title – $3.00; Video and DVD – $5.00.
- Patrons who have overdue items are notified by phone when the material has been overdue for one (1) week. After three (3) months, the material will be marked as lost and we will bill for replacement costs and fines.
- When the library is closed, a book drop is available next to the front door.
If you can’t find what you’re looking for in our Library Catalog, you may use our inter-library loan service to borrow materials from other libraries throughout the state. Instructions on how to request a book online are available here.
For assistance, you can visit the library during our hours of operation and a volunteer will walk you through the reservation process or do it for you. You may also call us at 207-723-7020 to request a book. When requesting an item by phone, please supply us with the following information: author and title of the item, format (large print, audiobook, DVD, etc.), your name, and your library card number.
Upon arrival of the item, you will be notified by phone or email, depending on your preferences.