Virtual Programs and Services
Our virtual programming includes:
- Computer classes to help you stay connected during this time
- Genealogy open hours to get you started on your family history journey
- Story time with local leaders and big-name authors
- Enrichment programs for all ages, such as online fitness classes and historical programs with Friends of Katahdin Woods & Waters (date TBD)
We will be using Zoom to host our virtual programs. View instructions and videos on how to set up and use Zoom.
Zoom information for all programs; to join, click on this link at the start of the program. To join over the phone, dial 312-626-6799. The meeting ID is: 86902700774#. This information will be included in the Facebook event for each program or you can always find it here.
If you have an idea for a virtual program or service, or with questions about how to access virtual programs and services, contact Diana Furukawa at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the library’s temporary phone number, (314) 635-0360.
Virtual Services & Resources
COMMUNITY RESOURCES & AID
Check out Mobilize Katahdin’s Community Resource Page for COVID-19-related resources, such as guides to federal aid, places to access free high-speed Wifi, instructions on safe deliveries, and medical hotlines.
You can also request assistance with food, gas, heating oil, deliveries, co-pays, and more. Learn more at www.mobilizekatahdin.org or call (207) 370-1581.
FREE EBOOKS & AUDIOBOOKS
- Cloud Library: Access thousands of ebooks and audiobooks on your computer, tablet, or smartphone using your MML library card. Learn how here.
- Audible: For a limited time, Audible is offering free listens to selected books. Check it out.
- Barnes & Noble
- National Emergency Library
The following sites offer access to thousands of free movies and shows online– no library card needed!
FUN THINGS TO DO FROM HOME
Many universities like Duke, Stanford, and the University of Michigan are offering free online courses on a wide variety of topics during the COVID-19 pandemic. The following links will show you some of the many options out there:
- Video lessons from Chewonki outdoor educators
- Nature Activities for Kids
- Nature-tracking and identification: iNaturalist and eBird