Partnerships and Programs Coordinator
The mission of the Millinocket Memorial Library is to enrich lives by building community, inspiring imaginations, and empowering individuals through lifelong learning. As an innovative partner in the Katahdin region, the library brings organizations together to create new programs and services that support a thriving community for all. This is not your traditional library; from circulating free outdoor gear, to coordinating mutual aid and transportation, we are continually adapting to meet the unique needs of our community.
Library employees are stewards of an essential community space and resource hub. As a workplace, we value respectful and transparent communication, partnership, and engagement. Although the experience and qualifications listed below would be helpful, if you share our values and have the abilities and traits we’re looking for, necessary training will be provided.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
The Partnerships and Programs Coordinator will collaborate with partners throughout the region to deliver our existing programs and services, such as Mobilize Katahdin and the Katahdin Gear Library. They will work to align the library’s efforts in support of regional community development strategies.
- Work with the Library Director and Board to lead library strategic planning in areas of children’s services, technology, and community engagement
- Expand and build strategic relationships with community organizations throughout the Katahdin Region and Maine, formally and informally
- Advocate for and represent the library at community meetings and events
- Write and design marketing materials, including e-newsletters, mailers, and appeals
- Manage the library’s social media and web presence
- Work with volunteers, staff, and interns to deliver programs and services
- Assist with set-up and clean-up of programs and special events
- Perform other tasks as assigned
The ideal candidate will excel at engaging with people, be energized by working in a collaborative environment, and love learning new things on the go.They will be flexible, self-motivated, and able to organize their own projects and priorities.
- Creative and innovative thinker, ability to think outside the box
- Ambitious leader with a relentless desire to improve the community
- Flexible, comfortable learning while doing
- Self-motivated; excellent independent judgment and ability to problem-solve
- Able to manage a wide variety and great number of demands, sometimes in a short timeframe
- Ease in communicating with people warmly and professionally
- Curious, ambitious, and fearless
Ideal Skills and Experience
- Familiarity with community groups and resources in the Katahdin Region
- Experience working in a library or nonprofit
- Experience with interpersonal networking
- Experience with meeting facilitation
- Familiarity with Google Drive
- Grant-writing experience
- Basic graphic design abilities
- Social media management
- Familiarity with Zoom
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks
- Attention to detail
- Functional computer competence
- Ability to work as a part of a team
- High School Diploma or GED
At MML, we take the risks of the pandemic seriously. Patrons and staff socially distance and wear masks at all times in public spaces. We regularly reassess our COVID-19 policies and procedures based on the current risk factors in our area.
Must be willing to work occasional weekends and evenings to attend special community events as needed. Position is 35 hours/week. Hourly rate is between $18-23 / hour commensurate upon experience and includes benefits package.
Email resume, cover letter, and three references to Library Director, Matt DeLaney (email@example.com). Due to COVID-19, interviews will be conducted virtually. Deadline to apply is April 16, 2021.