Renew Books, DVDs, and Gear
Most items can be renewed with the exception of materials that are already on hold for someone else. To renew an item yourself online, use the instructions below:
- Visit mils.maine.edu
- In the top right corner, click on “My Library Account”, and log in using your full name and library card number.
- Once logged in, click on “Items Currently Checked Out”, and mark the items you would like to renew. Click “Renew Marked”.
- The site will let you know if your renewal was successful, as well as the updated due date.
If you would like assistance to renew an item, you can ask at our circulation desk during our hours of operation, call us at 207-723-7020, or email us as email@example.com. To renew items, you do not need to have them on your person.
Please keep in mind some items may already have reserves on them. If you are interested in reserving an item it is advised you do so as early as possible.
- If no one is waiting for for items, they can be renewed.
- Overdue fines are twenty cents ($0.20) per book per day when the library is open. Fines for overdue videos and DVDs are fifty cents ($0.50) per day. Maximum fines are as follows per item: Book, audio, and CD – $3.00; Magazine, paperback or juvenile title – $3.00; Video and DVD – $5.00. Gear: Prices as specified in 2020 Gear Library Waiver
- Patrons who have overdue items are notified by phone or email when the material has been overdue for 1 week. After 3 months, the material will be marked as lost, and we will bill for replacement costs and fines.
- When the library is closed, a book drop is available next to the front door.
If you can’t find what you’re looking for in our Library Catalog, you may use our inter-library loan service to borrow materials from other libraries throughout the state. Instructions on how to request a book online are available here.
For assistance, you can visit the library during our hours of operation and a volunteer will walk you through the reservation process or do it for you. You may also call us at 207-723-7020 to request a book. When requesting an item by phone, please supply us with the following information: author and title of the item, format (large print, audiobook, DVD, etc.), and your name.
Upon arrival of the item, you will be notified by phone or email, depending on your preferences.